Test Name: Mixed-Lineage Leukemia (MLL) Gene Rearrangements
•Disease(s): B-lymphoblastic leukemia, Acute myeloid leukemia, Mixed phenotype acute leukemias •Probes:
◦Probes may be ordered separately
• Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-3 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
• Peripheral Blood: 2-4 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
• Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
• Bone Marrow Core Biopsy: 1-2cm core (length) Tissue in RPMI.
• Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
• Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not available.
Storage and Transport
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
Specimen Rejection Criteria
Turn Around Time (TAT): 1-3 Days
CPT Codes*: 88368x1
*The CPT codes provided with our Test Descriptions are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. Correct CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payor being billed.